Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Rand Fishkin's Super Proposal

I'll be honest, I never got into the whole My Super Proposal thing. I knew it was going down, but it failed to capture my attention. That is until I found out the man proposing was A-list blogger Rand Fishkin from SEOmoz.

Last night Rand proposed to his girlfriend Geraldine, a.k.a. "Mystery Guest," with a commercial on her favorite show, Veronica Mars. Her reaction is absolutely priceless. But even better is the fact that this wasn't a marketing ploy. No fake bride maiming her hair in a rage of wedding fury to hock hair product. It was just a guy using the power of the Internet and social media to do something innovative and entertaining.

Now, I'm not blind to the fact that this will greatly benefit SEOmoz and Rand because of all the public exposure and more importantly, the residual links it will generate. But that's what you deserve if you create a legitimate Internet sensation that isn't a commercial in disguise.

Congratulations Rand and Geraldine for making it legit.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering why I didn't see that during the SB...

Gj with the post. Mind if I link to you?

 
At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I was all over the internets about this one! He's my idol. Too bad the Super Bowl deal didn't happen, but wow, Mystery Guest had such a great reaction that I think it turned out just right--WHAT!?

"I think I'm going to throw up."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home